We service direct thermal and thermal transfer printer manufacturers, including these manufacturers:
BarCode Doctor Preventative Care Maintenance Agreement Details
Why Preventative Maintenance is Important
Over time, the movement of media or ribbon across the printhead wears through the protective ceramic coating, exposing the print elements. Therefore, airborne particles and contaminants from environmental conditions where printers are located (industrial locations tend to have an above average amount of airborne contaminants) can collect themselves on the printer’s sensitive components. This initially causes print quality issues and ultimately complete printhead failure.
Preventative maintenance works to minimize printhead wear and maintain print quality with regular cleanings of various printer components that are most affected by operating wear and environmental conditions. Such regular maintenance will extend the life of these at risk components and drastically reduce the cost of ownership.
An indirect benefit of regular maintenance is that other minor printer issues can be detected before they become major problems during maintenance procedures. This can save your company the service fees and travel costs because the service technician is already on-site for repair or install.
Description of Service
Complete preventative maintenance procedures, which include:
- Solvent based cleaning of printhead element.
- Solvent based cleaning of platen roller.
- Non-solvent based cleaning of media sensor.
- Non-solvent based cleaning of ribbon sensor.
- Solvent based cleaning of media path.
- Solvent based cleaning of ribbon path.
- Solvent based cleaning of pinch roller (if present).
- Solvent and non-solvent based cleaning of cutter module (if present).
- Solvent based cleaning of tear-off bar.
- Non-solvent based cleaning of take-label sensor.
- Non-solvent based cleaning of head-open sensor.
- Solvent based cleaning of printer exterior.
- An inspection of media, ribbon and printer settings.
Maintenance agreement does not cover the replacement of any parts or the labor associated with repairing or installing parts. All Maintenance Agreements are tailored to your company’s needs so, fill in the form for an Estimate!